Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Restore: Putting required tapes w/o needing to redo the restore

2004-06-11 12:09:38
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Restore: Putting required tapes w/o needing to redo the restore
From: jason.helfman AT ticketmaster DOT com (Jason Helfman)
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 09:09:38 -0700
I responded to this yesterday in this very thread:

find the image you need to restore from with bpimagelist then give it
the -media switch. This will give you the tapes that are needed for the
restore before initiating the job.

[root@lax1bkm1 /backups]# bpimagelist -U -policy tm1_backup
Backed Up         Expires       Files       KB  C  Sched Type   Policy
06/10/2004 03:02  07/11/2004      237 225966226  N  Differential tm1_backup

[root@lax1bkm1 /backups]# bpimagelist -U -policy tm1_backup -media
Media ID   Last Written       Server
T00042     06/10/2004 03:02   lax1bksvr1
T00094     06/10/2004 03:02   lax1bksvr1