Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Plans for LTO-1 to LTO-2 conversion

2004-06-08 09:10:29
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Plans for LTO-1 to LTO-2 conversion
From: fperetmere AT adic DOT com (Francois-Xavier Peretmere)
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 15:10:29 +0200
veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu <> wrote on Sunday, May 30, 2004
10:10 PM:

> LTO2 use different media from LTO1 and LTO1 media can be
> written by LTO2 with LTO1 format.
> Put the tapes to the same density and the LTO2 drives will understand the
> tapes. you don't have to freeze anything.The only disadvantage is
> that LTO1 tapes are 15-30MB/sec and LTO2 are 30-60MB/sec and
> the new drive will not change it.

 Depends. With IBM Ultrium-2 (LTO-2), numbers are (w/o compression):

 LTO1 tape in LTO1 drive will read/write at 15 MB/s.
 LTO1 tape in LTO2 drive will read/write at 20 MB/s.

 Cordialement - fx

--
motd: "Two of the most famous products of Berkeley are LSD and Unix. I
       don't think that this is a coincidence."