Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Three hardrives (C,D,E) but six streams (C,D,E,H,G,I)--Windows 2003 boxes; weird?

2004-06-02 11:18:42
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Three hardrives (C,D,E) but six streams (C,D,E,H,G,I)--Windows 2003 boxes; weird?
From: james.c.siano AT lmco DOT com (Siano, James C)
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 11:18:42 -0400
 Hello.

I've got an anomaly on 2003 servers being backedup with NBU 4.5.

During a full backup and autodiscover drives I get double the amount of
streams for some reason.

On the given server, there are only three physical partitions such as
C/D/E + system state.  Yet, I'll get three failed streams in addition
but trying to back up H/G/I.  H/G/I don't exist and the policy doesn't
allow backup of network drives.  There are no network drives the machine
is attached.

Anyone seen this before? Weird.

Thanks
Jim