Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Robot Contents Mismatch

2004-06-01 22:33:30
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Robot Contents Mismatch
From: ArifB AT excelcom.co DOT id (Arif Budiman)
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 09:33:30 +0700
I often find Robot contents are mismatch with volume configuration. If I
compare robot contents and volume configuration from Robot Inventory
menu, I got result like bellow lines. And if I run perform volume
configuration update I got failure message "media ID not unique in
database (34)". From Media And Device Management->Media menu, there is
no media visible.

This condition cause any active backup sechedule failed with error code
96 (Unable to allocate new media for backup, storage unit has none
available).

Any idea?

06/02/2004 09:30:25
Robot: TLD(0) on datamover2
Operation: Compare Robot Contents
Volume Database Host: datamover2

        Robot Contents          Volume Configuration

Slot    Tape  Barcode           Media ID Barcode        Mismatch
Detected
====    ====  =============     ======== =============
=================
  1      Yes  STK463                                    Yes
  2      Yes  STK706                                    Yes
  3      Yes  STK705                                    Yes
  4      Yes  DC0185                                    Yes
  5      Yes  DC0192                                    Yes
  .
  .

Regards,
Arif Budiman