Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] W2K full restore issue

2004-05-07 10:36:03
Subject: [Veritas-bu] W2K full restore issue
From: August.Piazza AT frx DOT com (August.Piazza AT frx DOT com)
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 10:36:03 -0400

------_=_NextPart_001_01C43440.9FE2AAC0

We have found that when a W2K system is restored via NetBackup from the
current backup method MS-Windows-NT,  it retains any directories that were
created after the backup was taken. For instance, if an application was
installed after the backup (i.e. Documentum or Acrobat), even though the
registry is written over and the application is effectively "uninstalled",
the associated installation directories on the disk are left intact and I'm
not sure why. I thought the restore would wipe the drive(s) and restore a
fresh image. Any ideas that don't include a Bare Metal
licensing...............................

This e-mail and its attachments may contain Forest Laboratories, Inc.
proprietary information that is privileged, confidential or subject to
copyright belonging to Forest Laboratories, Inc. This e-mail is intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If
you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, or the employee or agent
responsible for delivering this e-mail to the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying or action
taken in relation to the contents of and attachments to this e-mail is
strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail in
error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the
original and any copy of this e-mail and any printout.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C43440.9FE2AAC0

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>W2K full restore issue</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman">We have found that when a W2K system =
is restored via NetBackup from the current backup method =
MS-Windows-NT,&nbsp; it retains any directories that were created after =
the backup was taken. For instance, if an application was installed =
after the backup (i.e. Documentum or Acrobat), even though the registry =
is written over and the application is effectively =
&quot;uninstalled&quot;, the associated installation directories on the =
disk are left intact and I'm not sure why. I thought the restore would =
wipe the drive(s) and restore a fresh image. Any ideas that don't =
include a Bare Metal =
licensing...............................</FONT></P>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>

<P>____________________________________________________________________&=
nbsp;=20
<BR>This e-mail and its attachments may contain Forest Laboratories, =
Inc. proprietary information that is privileged, confidential or =
subject to copyright belonging to Forest Laboratories, Inc. This e-mail =
is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it =
is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, or =
the employee or agent responsible for delivering this e-mail to the =
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, =
distribution, copying or action taken in relation to the contents of =
and attachments to this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be =
unlawful. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the =
sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of =
this e-mail and any printout.</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C43440.9FE2AAC0--