Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Re: NBU 5.0 on Win 2003 Svr, CD-ROM Drive Disappears after u/g or install

2004-04-28 10:52:50
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Re: NBU 5.0 on Win 2003 Svr, CD-ROM Drive Disappears after u/g or install
From: adam AT masons.demon.co DOT uk (adam AT masons.demon.co DOT uk)
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 15:52:50 +0100
ALL,

Thanks for the tip off. The utility shipped as part of MP1A new downloads fixes
the problem with CD Drives going off line. It was basically a registry foul-up
which caused the CD device handler to die.

All fine now.

There are some fairly major fixes to MP1 in MP1A, mainly based around the haste
of getting MP1 out to start with..... None of these "features" actually
appeared in the knowledge base!.... SHAME ON YOU Big-V!.

Cheers,

Adam Mason.

====================================

Adam,

Veritas release MP1A yesterday for win32 based systems.

Now in reading threw the docs ( http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/261814.htm
) for MP1A i saw this

267649: NB_50_1_M_drvmcdb_utility_267649.zip  Utility to fix CDROM device
access problem on Windows 2003 systems after installing VERITAS NetBackup (tm)
Maintenance Pack 1
 http://support.veritas.com/docs/267649

Which leads me to my question. What is different between MP1 and MP1A. I can't
see a difference.

KFR