Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU 5.0 and NDMP Drive Sharing

2004-04-27 09:42:56
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU 5.0 and NDMP Drive Sharing
From: jkennedy AT qualcomm DOT com (Kennedy, Jeffrey)
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 06:42:56 -0700
It is not possible via NBU until 6.0, which is probably next year.

You can of course home grow a solution.  I've heard tales of someone who
wrote a perl script to have 2 filers seeing 4 drives grab all the qtrees
and make a file list in NBU.  Then have the backup kick off on one filer
using all 4 drives, after which the second filer did the same thing.
Not exactly DDS but it got the job done.

~JK

STK