Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup Advanced reported.

2004-04-26 14:04:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup Advanced reported.
From: ewilts AT ewilts DOT org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 13:04:05 -0500
On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 01:55:32PM -0400, Loukinas, Jeremy wrote:
> I am running NB 4.5 MP6 and was wondering if NB Adv. Reported was still
> available. I found 3.4 on veritas.com.. did they bundle this product ?

It's still available as a separately-billed product.  However, the
product has reached end of life and all the functionality is being
rolled up into CommandCentral.  This new product does more than just
report on backups and costs a *LOT* more.  Unless you really need the
extra functionality and are willing to buy into the CommandCentral
suite, you're better off staying away.

There are 2 serious competitors for the NetBackup reporting tools market
- Bocada with BackupReport and Aptare with StorageConsole.  I've just
done an evaluation of both and Aptare's product easily won.  You'll find
their prices competitive with what Advanced Reporter used to cost and
the product indispensable.  Contact them for a demo and you'll quickly
be sold.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts AT ewilts DOT org