Veritas-bu

SV: [Veritas-bu] ACSLS and firewalls... possible?

2004-04-23 04:03:57
Subject: SV: [Veritas-bu] ACSLS and firewalls... possible?
From: jan-olof.eriksson AT prv DOT se (Eriksson Jan-Olof)
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 10:03:57 +0200
Hi,

I'm the one who is doing this,(sorry I didn't se this mail earlier).

What you have to install ís Library Management Gateway software from
Storagetek. That software is in 2 parts, first you install ACS Adapter
Component in the media server that is behind the firewall, then you have to
install Gateway Component on the ACSLS server.
Best is if you can get a copy of Installation/config and admin guide for LMG
the document number is 313481002 from Storagetek.
This software make it possible for remote client's (such as a media server) to
send ACS commands through a firewall, the LMG converts client-generated RPC
requests to HTTP/XML prior to transmission and processes these req. through a
single fixed port behind the firewall.(This text is just a copy from the
manual) The ACSLS server needs to have IPC Surrogate software installed, if you
have ACSLS 6.0.1 IPC is a separate package, in 6.1 it's included. We have been
running this now for 1,5 years and the only problem is that after a reboot the
media server change port, I have not found that problem yet.

/Joe