Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] changing retention level of tape

2004-04-22 14:26:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] changing retention level of tape
From: justin.lloyd AT mci DOT com (Justin C. Lloyd)
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 14:26:37 -0400
A while back I had to change the retention period of all of the images
on a handful of tapes from 2 weeks to 3 years.  But the tapes still show
the media as having a 2 week retention level even though all of the
images expire roughly 3 weeks from now.  Since newer tapes in the given
pool have a 3 year retlevel, they are getting used for backups, but some
of the 2 week retlevel tapes are not full but don't get used since I
don't allow mixing of retlevels.

So, the question is: Can I change the retlevel of the tapes without
changing the tapes' images' expiration dates?  The bpexpdate -m option
changes both the tapes and the images.

Thanks,

Justin

--