Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Changing media types from hcart to hcart2

2004-04-21 15:15:23
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Changing media types from hcart to hcart2
From: dlogcher AT MIT DOT EDU (Dan Logcher)
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 15:15:23 -0400
Jim Horalek wrote:

> Why bother. Make the new storage unit hcart. The're just names. The're not
> set in concrete.

Apparently they are..  I have an L5500 with 500 LTO Gen II tapes and
10 LTO Gen II cleaning tapes.  ACSLS thinks they are both LTO2-200G
and LTO-CLN2 respectively, but Netbackup 3.4 thinks they are HCART2
and HC_CLN respectively.  I cannot force the cleaning tapes to HCART2,
it will not audit again until I remove them or change them back.

I tried forcing the HC_CLN to HCART2 when first auditing the robot,
but it still shows up as HC_CLN.  The problem is it shows up with
different volume group, and differing tape to drive types.  So I can't
use the tpclean command or let NB clean tapes.

--
Dan