Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Recovery of Application server - Wintel

2004-04-21 17:06:04
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Recovery of Application server - Wintel
From: neil AT mbari DOT org (Conner, Neil)
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 14:06:04 -0700
I didn't have much success with IDR - took too much effort to build and test
all the boot disks required for all the different raid controllers we have
here.  Images of the boot and system partition are fine as long as you can
afford the downtime to create them and keep them current.  There have been
times I've needed to use one but it's been too far out of date to be useful.
I'll use an image if it's reasonably current, or I'll simply install a fresh
copy of the O.S.  In either case, I patch to current levels and then restore
from tape.  Hasn't failed me yet.

Neil