Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Can I recover a 4.5 FP5 catalog to a 5.0 system?

2004-04-21 11:02:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Can I recover a 4.5 FP5 catalog to a 5.0 system?
From: cheryl.king AT intrado DOT com (King, Cheryl)
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 09:02:47 -0600
I need to replace the disks in a master/media Solaris 8 server because I'm
running out of space and we happen to have 2 larger disks available.  I also
need to upgrade to NBU 5.0 from 4.5 FP5.  My question is, can I do both at the
same time?  Install 5.0 on the new disks, then recover the 4.5 catalog to the
new 5.0 system.  Or is there some reason that I would need to do the upgrade
from 4.5 to 5.0 on the old disks, then install 5.0 on the new disks and recover
the upgraded 5.0 catalog.

Cheryl King
System Administrator II
AIS - OpenView System and Servers Certified

Intrado Inc.
1601 Dry Creek Drive
Longmont, CO 80503
direct: 720.864.5162
mobile: 720.840.4786
page:  303-207-4648
fax: 720.494.6600
email: cheryl.king AT intrado DOT com

Intrado.® Informed Response. ®
www.intrado.com

ATTENTION:

contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify Intrado Inc. immediately at 720.494.5800 and destroy
all copies of this message and any attachments.