Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] labels and lto-2 tapes

2004-04-19 15:17:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] labels and lto-2 tapes
From: Karl.Rossing AT Federated DOT CA (Karl.Rossing AT Federated DOT CA)
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 14:17:47 -0500
--=_alternative 0069FF2686256E7B_=

We use a brother p-touch printer.

We use the older serial version of
http://www.brother.ca/english/products/core/product.asp?Prodid=27&features=on

Works great!

veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu wrote on 04/19/2004 02:00:27 PM:

> Hello
>
> We are moving from DLT tapes to LTO gen 2. Our initial set of
> scratch tapes for our different backup systems were purchased
> bundled with the tape library, pre labeled.  Now we have to look at
> the methods we will use to add new tapes as needed.
>
> In the past with dlt we purchased blank tapes and labeled them as
> needed with the backup software. The labels on the dlt tape just
> slide into slots on the cart. With the lto-2 they have to be glued
> onto the cart.
>
> What are others doing in this area.
>
> 1) buying pre-labeled tapes?
>
> 2) Buying pre-printed labels and placing on the tape carts?
>
> 3) Printing labels? If so do you use label media with adhesive
pre-applied?

> Thanks for your help
>
> -- len

--=_alternative 0069FF2686256E7B_=

http://www.brother.ca/english/products/core/product.asp?Prodid=27&amp;features=on</font>
04/19/2004
02:00:27 PM:<br>
&gt; Hello<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; We are moving from DLT tapes to LTO gen 2. Our initial set of <br>
&gt; scratch tapes for our different backup systems were purchased <br>
&gt; bundled with the tape library, pre labeled. &nbsp;Now we have to look
at <br>
&gt; the methods we will use to add new tapes as needed. <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; In the past with dlt we purchased blank tapes and labeled them as
&gt; needed with the backup software. The labels on the dlt tape just <br>
&gt; slide into slots on the cart. With the lto-2 they have to be glued
&gt; onto the cart. <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; What are others doing in this area. <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; 1) buying pre-labeled tapes?<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; 2) Buying pre-printed labels and placing on the tape carts?<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; 3) Printing labels? If so do you use label media with adhesive
pre-applied?<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Thanks for your help <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; -- len<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Veritas-bu maillist &nbsp;- &nbsp;Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT
edu<br>
&gt; http://mailman.eng.auburn.edu/mailman/listinfo/veritas-bu<br>
&gt; <br>
</tt></font>