Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Which Netbackup Enterprise products will I need?

2004-04-19 11:15:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Which Netbackup Enterprise products will I need?
From: abudayeh AT yahoo DOT com (Raed Abudayeh)
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 08:15:01 -0700 (PDT)
--0-575732904-1082387701=:15235

Hello Everyone,

I am in the process of replacing BackupExec with Netbackup Enterprise for my
company ( we will be introducing Unix servers later this year) and have a
configuration question.  First some background:

We have a total of 8 servers and 1 tape library. Breakdown of these servers are
as follows. (Please note all servers are running Windows 2003 Server and there
are none are clustered)

3 SQL Servers  (Dual 2.4GH CPUs)

2 File Servers

1 Exchange Server

1 MS-SMS server

1 Dedicated backup server

1 Dell PV 132T Library with one LTO drive

All the servers are connected to an EMC CX400 SAN array.  The tape library is
connected directly to the backup server.

My question is, which licenses of Netbackup Enterprise Server will I need to be
able to backup any of the above servers?

Thanks,

Raed

--0-575732904-1082387701=:15235

<P>Hello Everyone, </P>
<P>I am in the process of replacing BackupExec with Netbackup Enterprise for my
company ( we will be introducing Unix servers later this year) and have a
configuration question.&nbsp; First some background: </P>
<P>We have a total of 8 servers and 1 tape library. Breakdown of
these&nbsp;servers are as follows. (Please note all servers&nbsp;are running
Windows 2003 Server and there are none are clustered)&nbsp;</P>
<P>3&nbsp;SQL Servers&nbsp; (Dual 2.4GH CPUs)</P>
<P>2 File Servers</P>
<P>1 Exchange Server</P>
<P>1 MS-SMS server</P>
<P>1 Dedicated backup server</P>
<P>1 Dell PV 132T Library with one LTO drive</P>
<P>All the servers are connected to an EMC CX400 SAN array.&nbsp; The tape
library is connected directly to the backup server.&nbsp; </P>
<P>My question is, which licenses of Netbackup Enterprise Server will I need to
be able to backup any of the above servers? </P>
<P>Thanks, </P>
<P>Raed</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P><p>
Yahoo! Photos: <a
href="http://pa.yahoo.com/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=23765/*http://photos.yahoo.c
om/ph/print_splash">High-quality 4x6 digital prints for 25¢</a>
--0-575732904-1082387701=:15235--