Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] disabling media positioning check

2004-04-15 15:10:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] disabling media positioning check
From: tech2187 AT yahoo DOT com (K Chapman)
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 12:10:32 -0700 (PDT)
--0-1451495001-1082056232=:60039

in /opt/openv/netbackup/db/config  touch a file called NO_POSITION_CHECK

Thomas Tschida <Thomas.Tschida AT udlp DOT com> wrote:Hello all,

I have a handful of policies defined for clustered file systems that
are consistenetly failing when attempting full backups. They are
erroring with status 86. I've tried forcing them to use diferent
drives, tapes, etc.

A third-party vendor we deal with thought there was a way to disable
the media positioning check by touching a file under openv/netbackup
similar to DISABLE_MEDIA_CHECK...but he wasn't sure of the exact
syntax.

Is anyone out there familiar with this file?

Thanks,

Tom Tschida
United Defense

aaarrrggghhh!!!!
FreeBSD rocks

--0-1451495001-1082056232=:60039

<DIV>in /opt/openv/netbackup/db/config&nbsp; touch a file called
NO_POSITION_CHECK<BR><BR><B><I>Thomas Tschida &lt;Thomas.Tschida AT udlp DOT
com&gt;</I></B> wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px;
BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">Hello all,<BR><BR>I have a handful of policies
defined for clustered file systems that<BR>are consistenetly failing when
attempting full backups. They are<BR>erroring with status 86. I've tried
forcing them to use diferent<BR>drives, tapes, etc.<BR><BR>A third-party vendor
we deal with thought there was a way to disable<BR>the media positioning check
by touching a file under openv/netbackup<BR>similar to
DISABLE_MEDIA_CHECK...but he wasn't sure of the exact<BR>syntax.<BR><BR>Is
anyone out there familiar with this file?<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR><BR>Tom
Tschida<BR>United
maillist - Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT
edu<BR>http://mailman.eng.auburn.edu/mailman/listinfo/veritas-bu</BLOCKQUOTE></DIV><BR><BR>aaarrrggghhh!!!!<br>FreeBSD
 rocks<p>
Yahoo! Tax Center - <a href="http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html";>File online by
April 15th</a>