Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup 5.0 upgrade and now all kinds of media errors and network errors

2004-04-13 21:23:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 5.0 upgrade and now all kinds of media errors and network errors
From: Dmitri.Smirnov AT fusepoint DOT com (Dmitri Smirnov)
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 18:23:26 -0700
Not 100% agree,

NBU 5.0 introduced some errors in our environment but mostly related to
clients with mistakes in configs (missing reverse DNS entries, wrong
hostnames, etc). In general 5.x is working faster and more reliable in
our case.

I don't have much sleep since we upgraded to 5.0 (have to restart server
on a daily basis to clean up garbage in remote Admin for Windows, kill
hanged jobs, etc ) but I'm really excited about new features
(checkpoints, inline copy, staging units, synthetic backups, etc).
We immediately started to use most of them and finally replaced custom
scripts..

BTW, Veritas is posting MP1 right now on the support site (MP for agents
and client is already posted - waiting for a server part). Hope it will
solve most of our problems.

Dmitri