Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] BMR Question !

2004-04-02 16:12:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] BMR Question !
From: karunanidhis AT hotmail DOT com (Karun Subramanian)
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2004 13:12:51 -0800
Hi Guys !
I have the following problems with BMR.

1. When I'm trying to restore a backup image from Sun 420R to Sun V480
(Dissimilar disk restore), BMR fails when it tires to initialize the mirror
disk. The source had Veritas Volume Manager encapsulated and mirrored root
disk. If I try to restore to a single disk (by using Edit volumes), the
recovery works fine. Some how BMR does not work when I try to restore to
both the disks (original configuration). Have you faced this kind of problem
?

2. If I have to replicate a BMR main/File/Boot server to a hot standby
server, whar are all the directories I need to copy? My list says
/opt/BareMetal,/var/bmr,/tftpboot.

3. This may not be a BMR question. If I have to restore lots of servers
together (say, 200) can I just restore them all together? I think the
bottleneck will be the disk read operations. (We use disk based storage unit
for backing up OS)

4. Do we have command line equivalent of all the operations performed
through BMR GUI?. This will be useful in case I need to restore 200 servers
together. (running "prepare to restore" for 200 servers will not be a fun
work :))

I appreciate your help,
Thanks,
- Karun

Limited-time offer: Fast, reliable MSN 9 Dial-up Internet access FREE for 2
months!