Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Windows 2003 Media Server

2004-04-01 10:49:52
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Windows 2003 Media Server
From: morms AT es DOT com (morms AT es DOT com)
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 08:49:52 -0700
I am running a Windows 2003 master server.
I was told by HP that there was a known issue with 2003 RSM that
Microsoft was not going to fix until SP1.  The HP Engineer said that
even if you disable RSM,  it will continue to intermittently ping the
removable storage devices (tape drives) for their status.  I was told
that every time the system was rebooted,  I would have to enable RSM,
stop it and then disable it again to prevent this from happening.  I
asked for an official advisory on it but HP said that they did not have
one yet.

Thanks,
Melinda Orms