Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Current kilobytes written

2004-03-30 15:54:50
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Current kilobytes written
From: ewilts AT ewilts DOT org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 14:54:50 -0600
We've been doing some restores of large (500-600GB) databases.  What's
really, really weird is that the activity monitor is showing an
unusually large number of kilobytes written.  Last week's restore read
only 3 SDLT220 tapes but reported 2.3TB written.  I've got a restore
going on now that is only requiring 2 tapes but has already written
1.5TB.  Given that these tapes are only ~200GB or so, I'm finding that a
bit odd.  Can anybody shed some light on this?  This is on Solaris
running 4.5FP6.

Thanks,
        .../Ed
--