Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NDMP - duplication and restore

2004-03-30 13:37:46
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NDMP - duplication and restore
From: paulg AT CDCNA DOT COM (Paul Gimpelev)
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 13:37:46 -0500
        I am currently testing integration of NDMP into our regular backup
schedules.  I have NBU 4.5 with MP3.  I have set up library with some drives
dedicated to NDMP devices and some, including the robotics control, to a unix
master server.  Now I can run the backup and restore off of NDMP devices just
fine.  However, I would like to duplicate the NDMP image for off-site storage
on a master server.  Vaulting of the backup completes successfully, but when I
expire copy #1 and try to restore from copy #2, it fails.  bptm logs
"mount_open_media: unable to find an NDMP drive in the requested storage unit
for restore", bpbrm logs "bpbrm Exit: client restore EXIT STATUS 98: error
requesting media (tpreq)" and restore exits with status 5.  Does anyone vault
media that way?  Any ideas on the failure?

Thanks in advance

paulg