Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] tape rotataion and pools

2004-03-29 04:54:27
Subject: [Veritas-bu] tape rotataion and pools
From: ddmusc AT vodafone.com DOT mt (Daniel Muscat)
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 11:54:27 +0200
Hello everyone

I am currently in despair since I can't find documeneted anywhere the
information that I need. I have a SUN server on which veritas netbackup is
installed. The netbackup controls an L9 tape
autoloader to dump backups on it. I have assigned all tapes to the netbackup
pool and then configured it such that all backups are dumped on this pool. What
I can't understand is with what criteria
netbackup chooses a tape from the pool and with what criteria he then changes
the tape to use. Does any body know?

Regards
Daniel