Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Triggering RMAN backup via the NB scheduler

2004-03-25 15:46:08
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Triggering RMAN backup via the NB scheduler
From: ckstehman AT pepco DOT com (ckstehman AT pepco DOT com)
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 15:46:08 -0500
--=_alternative 0072167285256E62_=

Travis

We have three policies for our RMAN backups, One for weekly full, another
for daily
cum incremental and one application backup.

If you have the oracle agent license, Nebackup will provide an oracle
option for the policy type
when you create the backup policy.

When Veritas schedules the job the script is called and it uses the weekly
or daily policy as the anchor and then
schedules as many "user" or "application" backups as needed to transfer
the data to tape.

Your script should be a batch job that calls RMAN to connect the recovery
catalog,
and run an RMAN script to do the actual backup  see the SAG for Netbackup
for Oracle.
There are examples in appendix A of the manual.  They are also copied to
the
/usr/openv/netbackup/ext/db_ext/oracle/samples/rman directory when you
install the
oracle agent software on your client.

Carl Stehman
PHI Services Company
202-331-6619
Pager 301-765-2703
ckstehman AT pepco DOT com

"Travis. Rosamond" <travis.rosamond AT sbcglobal DOT net>
Sent by: veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
03/25/2004 03:22 PM