Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] One-off backups

2004-03-25 07:56:56
Subject: [Veritas-bu] One-off backups
From: scoco AT arl.army DOT mil (Coco, Samuel (Cont, ARL/CISD))
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 07:56:56 -0500
Using 4.5 FP3 - you can create a 'special' pool & special policy that
confirms to the system requiring backup.  Manually execute the backup.
Once completed - you can eject the tape from the silo - expire the image
- and delete the tape from the database.  We do this quite often using
the Remote Admin Console and it works quite well.

Thank you,

Samuel J. Coco, STG
Functional Area Manager, ARL
Sr UNIX Administrator