Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Policy and Schedule name change question

2004-03-24 13:53:49
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Policy and Schedule name change question
From: justin.lloyd AT mci DOT com (Justin C. Lloyd)
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 13:53:49 -0500
I recently changed the names of all my policies using the bppolicynew
-renameto option (to a more logical and consistent naming scheme).
However, I've also had to make retention period changes to certain
policies as well as the existing images for those policies using
bpexpdate -recalculate.  The retention period has gone from about 1
month to 3 years due to a misunderstanding on my part of the role of
those policies.  (We delete the data once it's been backed up, so it's
more like a finite archive.)

Anyway, in this case I *do* have to remember the old names.  For a long
time.  So is there a way to change the old policy name associated with
an existing image to match the new name?

Thanks,

Justin

--
Justin C. Lloyd