Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] export DISPLAY, automatically

2004-03-20 11:16:46
Subject: [Veritas-bu] export DISPLAY, automatically
From: David Rock <dave-bu AT graniteweb DOT com> (David Rock)
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 10:16:46 -0600
--HlL+5n6rz5pIUxbD

* Jason Helfman <jason.helfman AT ticketmaster DOT com> [2004-03-19 14:34]:
> Hey ya'all,
>=20
> Not sure how you guys export your display, but I just scripting a=20
> quickie that works great for automatically getting the job done
>=20
> export PT=3D`env |grep SSH_TTY |awk -F / '{print $3 "/" $4}'`
> export DISPLAY=3D`who |grep $PT |awk '{print $6}' |sed s/\(// |sed s/\)//=
`:0.
>=20
> Just add this to your .bashrc file on the server you want to export=20
> from, and yer good to go.... jnbSA&
>=20
> I mostly use command line, but use the gui once in awhile.

I would REALLY recommend not doing this at all if you can help it.
Running jnbSA on the Master server is not good for it. The java app
isn't the best at controlling its resources and will probably cause
problems. Unless you have major firewall problems, you should be able to
run the java app locally and just point it at the master.

--=20
David Rock
david AT graniteweb DOT com

--HlL+5n6rz5pIUxbD