Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Restores only using 1 tape drive

2004-03-19 13:37:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Restores only using 1 tape drive
From: David_Cornely AT intuit DOT com (Cornely, David)
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 10:37:51 -0800
Hello,

Has anyone else seen this problem?  The backup uses multiplexing and
multiple streams across several tape drives yet when I kick off a restore of
the backup it only utilizes 1 tape drive.  I've got plenty available as
well.
The environment is NBU3.4_5 running on Solaris 2.6/8.  It's an alternate
client restore so I don't know if that could have something to do with it.
We've seen this with other restores - any insight would be helpful.

TIA,

-Dave