Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU 5, Exchange 2000, Error 71, Mailbox Backup Problems

2004-03-18 13:07:30
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU 5, Exchange 2000, Error 71, Mailbox Backup Problems
From: adam AT masons.demon.co DOT uk (adam AT masons.demon.co DOT uk)
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 18:07:30 +0000
Hi all,

I?ve got a Win2k server setup as an Exchange 2k server which has plenty of
mailboxes on it. Mail to/from the mailboxes works ok and there are loads of
messages in them. When I try to use NBU to backup the mailboxes individually, I
can?t see them through the Backup/Restore interface, and a scheduled backup of
the mailboxes (as opposed to the databases as a whole) fails with Error 71, no
files found.

Nothing obvious in the bpbkar log (or anything else for that matter). The
domain is using Active Directory.

Anyone got any clues?.

Cheers,

Adam Mason

Senior Consultant ? Consultancy Services

InTechnology plc

Threadneedle Street Office
Switchboard:    020 7786 3400
DDI:                  020 7786 3408