Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Novell applications backup support? (including iPrint, iFolder, etc...)

2004-03-18 12:53:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Novell applications backup support? (including iPrint, iFolder, etc...)
From: CJManders AT lbl DOT gov (Christopher Jay Manders)
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 09:53:11 -0800
Hi,

I have heard Novell Apps are not backed up properly. Since I have no
experience with this I am at a loss. What they say is that they *appear*
to back up but restores don't work on them. This is from an internal
novell document someone has flaunted at a meeting to try to dissuade
folks from migrating to Veritas NetBackup Datacenter. Anyway, they quote
the following as being unsupported. Anyone with any experience in this?

These are the Novell applications reputed to not be restorable:
iPrint
iFolder
eDir
NDPS