Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Is there an official document of client and server N ICand switch settings

2004-03-18 12:42:48
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Is there an official document of client and server N ICand switch settings
From: tech2187 AT yahoo DOT com (K Chapman)
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 09:42:48 -0800 (PST)
--0-1205630694-1079631768=:31144

what vedor is your switch and gig cards?  we have windows with gig cards which
do get set to auto (intel cards), they dont do full duplex as 10/100 cards do
it.  some sun gig cards we can set to 1000/full.
"Jennifer C. Green" <jc AT goo-rooz DOT com> wrote:Does anyone have any info on
this with Gig cards - they only have Auto,
there are no other options. Veritas does not recommend Auto but in this
case there is no choice. This is a windows environment and I am seeing the
same thing - but interesting that this started happening when upgrading from
3.4.1 to 4.5 - has anyone seen this?

I am at my wits end and dont know how to solve. Veritas does have some ways
of testing network without NBU involved to show that it is not NBU but then
what do I tell the network guys?

Thanks for the dialougue, this is mostly helpful.

Jennifer