Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Re: Is there an official document of client and server NICand swi tch settings (Jennifer C. Green)

2004-03-18 12:25:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Re: Is there an official document of client and server NICand swi tch settings (Jennifer C. Green)
From: Tim.Biller AT uk.experian DOT com (Biller, Tim)
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 17:25:07 -0000
Jennifer,

All my GigE switch ports are locked to 1000/Full with negotiation on
according to the output from the Cisco 6509. The NICs are all set to auto
(as you say, that's all you can have)  Try locking the switch ports as
mentioned.

The Cisco IOS won't allow half-duplex to be set on GigE ports anyway.

Good luck - Tim

From: "Jennifer C. Green" <jc AT goo-rooz DOT com>
To: "Coco, Samuel \(Cont, ARL/CISD\)" <scoco AT arl.army DOT mil>,
   "Paul Boatman" <boatm005 AT groupwise.umn DOT edu>,
   <Dwayne.Brzozowski AT mail.va DOT gov>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn
DOT edu>
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Is there an official document of client and server
NICand switch settings
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 09:47:47 -0600

Does anyone have any info on this with Gig cards - they only have Auto,
there are no other options.  Veritas does not recommend Auto but in this
case there is no choice.  This is a windows environment and I am seeing the
same thing - but interesting that this started happening when upgrading from
3.4.1 to 4.5 - has anyone seen this?

I am at my wits end and dont know how to solve.  Veritas does have some ways
of testing network without NBU involved to show that it is not NBU but then
what do I tell the network guys?

Thanks for the dialougue, this is mostly helpful.

Jennifer