Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Importing a v4.5 backup image onto a v3.4.1 system

2004-03-18 11:27:59
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Importing a v4.5 backup image onto a v3.4.1 system
From: ida3248b AT post.cybercity DOT dk (ida3248b AT post.cybercity DOT dk)
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 17:27:59 +0100
Hello Steve

I don't above importing, but I have successfully moved the image catalog
entries for a client from one master to another, by making a tar-ball of the
client directory under images and then scp/ftp to the new master and untar.

This assumes that you're running with ascii catalogs on both masters, and
you will need to put FORCE_RESTORE_MEDIASERVER in the bp.conf on the new
master

The only way I can se is to try to start the import on the 3.4.1 system and
see if it complains.

Regards
Michael

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 15:50:55 -0000, Steven Jenner wrote