Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Advanced Reporter vs. Command Central

2004-03-16 16:02:10
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Advanced Reporter vs. Command Central
From: ckstehman AT pepco DOT com (ckstehman AT pepco DOT com)
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 16:02:10 -0500
--=_alternative 00738DE485256E59_=

We have looked at both Bocada and Aptare.

Aptare won hands down.

It has several advantages that made our choice much easier. Here were the
two main

1. Aptare allows user access to be controlled by policies.  You can create
a user profile such that that
user can see only the clients of  interest to that particular user.

2. Users can do restores (if privileges are granted)

3. The data is posted close to "real time"
When a backup or restore completes, the endbackup process on the master
server calls a script that sends
data to the portal immediately.  You don't need to wait until the data is
collected from the master.

It has the capability to run many different types of reports.

In our case we are running it on a Linux system with an Oracle 9i
database.
It has been running without problem since last October.

The price was slightly less
than Bocada

Carl Stehman
PHI Services Company
202-331-6619
Pager 301-765-2703
ckstehman AT pepco DOT com

Ed Wilts <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
Sent by: veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
03/16/2004 01:42 PM