Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Tape duplication

2004-03-15 14:39:28
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Tape duplication
From: david.chapa AT adic DOT com (David Chapa)
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 12:39:28 -0700
You can absolutely do what you are outlining.  Since NetBackup is image
based and not "tape" based, the media density does not play a role
whatsoever in your duplication plan.

In the past when I was a consultant, I set up a number of sites that
duplicated from one media type to another.  As Mark has pointed out, it
is based on the destination storage unit you have configured.

David

David A. Chapa * Technical Advisor, Technical Marketing * ADIC *
720.249.5836 * david.chapa AT adic DOT com

Pathlight VX - Integrated Disk-to-Tape Backup -
http://www.adic.com/gopathlightvx