Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] adding solaris client that used to be master server

2004-03-11 14:38:09
Subject: [Veritas-bu] adding solaris client that used to be master server
From: Tim.Anderson AT palmone DOT com (Tim Anderson)
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 11:38:09 -0800
I have a Solaris 7 server that used to be my Veritas NBU (v3.4.1) master server.

I've re-architected netbackup with a new NBU 5.0 master server. (Solaris 8)
I now want to make the old master server into a backup client.

On the old master server:
I moved the Veritas directories (/data/openv) to a save location
(/data/openv3.4)
I created a new, empty /data/openv directory.  (I have a link in /usr/openv to
/data/openv)
I did a pkgrm of the old veritas software.
I installed the NBU 5.0 client.

>From the client, I run the command:
  /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bpclntcmd -pn
Communications from client to master are OK.

On the new master server:
>From the master, I use the Admin Gui-->Host Properties-->Clients and
click on the client.  However, this communication fails with a status 41.

I've verified that master and client can communicate on the network using
ping, large ftp transfers, snoop, etc...  I've also verified that nslookup
(both forward and reverse) is accurate for both the master and the client.

I have other Solaris 7 clients that are working with no problems.

Can anybody tell me what I've done wrong and/or missed?

Tim J. Anderson
Tim.Anderson AT palmone DOT com
408-503-1287