Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] I can't restore any file from Emc cellera data-mover client to ne tapp client

2004-03-03 21:50:44
Subject: [Veritas-bu] I can't restore any file from Emc cellera data-mover client to ne tapp client
From: len.boyle AT sas DOT com (len boyle)
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 21:50:44 -0500
Hello Ben-Avi

The netapp uses a native dump format for their backups and restores. Most
likely whatever EMC uses is a different format, and therefore the netapp
will throw up it's virtual hands and say I can not deal with this. For more
more detail you can turn on ndmpd debug <somenumber like 50 or 99> then look
in the ndmpdebug logs on the filer.

I would guess that you can only restore to an EMC box unless some other box
shares the same format.

len