Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] High Capacity Cartridge Utilization

2004-03-03 13:50:42
Subject: [Veritas-bu] High Capacity Cartridge Utilization
From: duncan.greenwood AT btinternet DOT com (Duncan Greenwood)
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 18:50:42 -0000
As ever, it really depends on the types of data you are backing up and
performance of the source disks.

That said, I've seen excellent performance from both HP-UX and NetApp
to Ultrium-1 drives. With "helpful" Oracle data, we could stream 3 Ultrium
drives for parallel NDMP backups from an F880 at an aggregate of  85MB/s
over a single 1Gb fibre. And we got up to 700GB on a nominal 100GB tape.

OTOH, millions of small files on local SCSI disk will trickle through :-(

Does OnTAP support 3592 yet ?

hth

#