Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] database backup problem

2004-03-03 03:56:09
Subject: [Veritas-bu] database backup problem
From: Ivan.Wong AT fujitsu.com DOT au (Wong, Ivan)
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 16:56:09 +0800
Hi all,

Setup:
Recently upgraded from NBU 3.4 to NBU 4.5 FP6.  Running on Solaris 8
with L9 drive.

Current problem:
After a backup schedule finishes, the db backup doesnt run (which it
should).  Output from vmoprcmd reveals the last tape used is for the
backup schedule is still in the drive.  For some reason NBU or the L9
isn't swapping it out for the catalog tape.

The L9 happily swaps out tapes for the normal backup run but not for the
db backup.

If I try a manual db backup it just sits there and does nothing.  I have
to stop NBU and kill any left over NBU process.  Then start it up again.
At this stage vmoprcmd reports the drive is empty...and the db backup
runs without any issues.

Any thoughts on how to fix this?  Is there a way to enable db backup
debugging?

Thanks in advance.