Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Oracle backups

2004-02-24 14:47:58
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Oracle backups
From: ewilts AT ewilts DOT org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 13:47:58 -0600
We've been using some homemade scripts to do our Oracle backups but are
finding them to be quite limiting.  I know that there are multiple
options out there that integrate better with Oracle and I believe we
need to seriously look at one.  There is an Oracle agent for NetBackup,
and BMC also has one.  Are there others?  Has anyone done a comparison
of the various options and is willing to share the results?

All our Oracle databases are Unix-based.  Currently they're only on
Solaris, but we've got some non-NBU HP-UX hosts with Oracle that will
eventually migrate to NBU too.

Thanks,
        .../Ed
--