Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] FYI new bug in FP6

2004-02-23 18:28:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] FYI new bug in FP6
From: JSimon AT reliant DOT com (Simon, John)
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 17:28:16 -0600
There is a bug in FP6 that causes MPX restores to fail, not patch for it yet
just a work around.

FYI:

The bug you describe was introduced in FP6:

"It looks like things were fine in FP5 and got broken in FP6.  The fix for the
existing DDTS RSVmn46560 resolves this problem.  The fix went into 5.0, and
will also go into MP7 and FP7."

So when FP7 comes out, you can apply that to fix the problem.

In the meantime, creating the following file on your master server:

/usr/openv/netbackup/NON_MPX_RESTORE

will prevent NetBackup from attempting multi-plexed restores and allow them to
complete.  Unfortunately this will mean that your restores may take longer than
normal, depending on how much data is being restored.