Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Catalog backups via cron (NBU 3.4)

2004-02-20 16:10:19
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Catalog backups via cron (NBU 3.4)
From: William.Enestvedt AT jwu DOT edu (William Enestvedt)
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 16:10:19 -0500
Good afternoon, everyone;
   Does anyone schedule their catalog backups via cron instead of using NBU's
built-in scheduler?
   I have two grups of backups each night, but the NBU catalog backup that
follows the first one delays the start of the second group. Since NBU (v3.4 on
Solaris 8) only allow manual scheduling or "after each scheduled backup
session" I guess I need to do this manually.
   This is the bpbackupdb command, correct? Are other people doing this? How
does it work? Are there any gotchas?
   Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
-wde
--