Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] advice needed

2004-02-20 16:59:57
Subject: [Veritas-bu] advice needed
From: s.palmer AT umassp DOT edu (Suzanne Palmer)
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 16:59:57 -0500
Hey! I have a single server running NB Datacenter 3.4 on a Solaris 8
platform. We're needing to do a serious overhaul upgrade, and I will
be bringing a second server online (also solaris 8) and installing 5.0
on it. Once I have the new system up and running, my plan is to then
either wipe or upgrade the first server and run it as a secondary.

The question is: am I going to be able to move my catalog from the old
3.4 server to the new 5.0 server? I've seen stuff online about moving
the catalog that seems to suggest that it is an extraordinarily fussy
process even going between two identical systems. Has anyone done
this? Have any recommendations for how best to go about it?

Thanks in advance,

-Suzanne