Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup DataCenter and GroupWise

2004-02-20 08:02:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup DataCenter and GroupWise
From: KELCZ AT coj DOT net (Mike Kelczewski)
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 08:02:05 -0500
Dennis,

  Netbackup does support GroupWise.  There is a TSA available for it.
As far as supporting mailbox, address book and calendars, I'm not
sure(Another group handles setting the servers up).  I do know that we
do GroupWise backups on about 50 different Post Offices, but usually
when they do restores they restore the whole post office somewhere else
and do the individual mailbox restores from there (Do not know if this
is the way it has to be done or if it is the way they prefer to do it.)

  Watch out, the latest TSA has problems where it will backup the data
twice.  We had to revert back to an older TSA to stop this.  Also I'm
still waiting to get 5.0 so I don't know if it has improved support for
GroupWise.  If you want more in-depth questions answered, I can try to
get them from the server team.

Michael Kelczewski
Senior Application Analyst - Computer Operations
City of Jacksonville
Information Technologies Division
220 E. Bay St., Suite 200
City HAll Annex