Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] FP3 to FP6 worth it?

2004-02-20 07:55:28
Subject: [Veritas-bu] FP3 to FP6 worth it?
From: ssesar AT mitre DOT org (Steven L. Sesar)
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 07:55:28 -0500
--------------080304090803080202020103

<$.02>

I've been backing up Win2003 clients under 4.5MP3 running on Solaris for
a few months now, without incident. Restores have behaved as expected,
as well.

</$.02>

--Steve

Tatunay, Socrates wrote:

>If you've got win2k3 clients you will have to go to FP6 due to the
>ubsnt.dll error stuff.

===================================

  Steven L. Sesar
  Senior Operating System Programmer/Analyst
  UNIX Application Services R101
  The MITRE Corporation
  202 Burlington Road - K101
  Bedford, MA 01730
  tel: (781) 271-7702
  fax: (781) 271-2600
  mobile: (617) 893-9635
  email: ssesar AT mitre DOT org

===================================

--------------080304090803080202020103

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
&lt;$.02&gt;<br>
I've been backing up Win2003 clients under 4.5MP3 running on Solaris
for a few months now, without incident. Restores have behaved as
expected, as well.<br>
&lt;/$.02&gt;<br>
--Steve<br>
Tatunay, Socrates wrote:
 cite="midDC4764FC3E701C46B6348221299AC6D40773EB AT srv-wk3-exch01.CDILLC DOT
COM"
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">If you've got win2k3 clients you will have to go to FP6 due to
the
ubsnt.dll error stuff.

mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu">veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu</a>
[<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="mailto:veritas-bu-admin AT
mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu">mailto:veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT
edu</a>] On Behalf Of Kathy
Riddlemoser
mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu">veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu</a>
Subject: RE: [Veritas-bu] FP3 to FP6 worth it?

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu">veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu</a>
[<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="mailto:veritas-bu-admin AT
mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu">mailto:veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT
edu</a>] On Behalf Of Mark Steel
mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu">veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu</a>

FP3-FP6 - doesn't take long, doesn't noticeably do anything different,
but there are bugs fixed. Painless upgrade.

Are you considering 5.0 ???

regards
mark

    <pre wrap="">I have an opportunity to perform a Solaris FP3 to FP6 server
upgrade
this weekend. I have a few questions..

1) Is it worth going to FP6 considering everything is working on my
FP3 installation
2) What benefits does FP6 give me
3) Are FP3 clients [Including Oracle RMAN addons] fully supported by
FP6 - Obviously I cant upgrade all the clients at the same time as
well!
4) Good / Bad experiences?

Thanks

        Kev Smith
        Unix Systems Administrator.
        Operational Support, IND Croydon.

        E-Mail: <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:kevin.m.smith
AT siemens DOT com">kevin.m.smith AT siemens DOT com</a>
        Tel:    020 8760 4849
        Mob:    07808 828595

Siemens Business Services Ltd
        This e-mail contains confidential information and is for the
exclusive use of the addressee/s. If you are not the addressee, then
any distribution, copying or use of this e-mail is prohibited. If
received in error, please advise the sender and delete it immediately.
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">We accept no liability for any loss or damage suffered by any
person
arising from use
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->of
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">this e-mail.

Siemens Business Services
Registered No: 1203466 England
Registered Office: Siemens House, Olbury, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12
8FZ

    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->

  </pre>
<pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">--
===================================

  Steven L. Sesar
  Senior Operating System Programmer/Analyst
  UNIX Application Services R101
  The MITRE Corporation
  202 Burlington Road - K101
  Bedford, MA 01730
  tel: (781) 271-7702
  fax: (781) 271-2600
  mobile: (617) 893-9635
  email: <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:ssesar AT mitre DOT
org">ssesar AT mitre DOT org</a>

</pre>

--------------080304090803080202020103--