Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Solaris disaster recovery

2004-02-19 13:56:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Solaris disaster recovery
From: Karl.Rossing AT Federated DOT CA (Karl.Rossing AT Federated DOT CA)
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 12:56:02 -0600
--=_alternative 0068019386256E3F_=

I'm going to be giving a jumpstart flash archive a try soon.

As i understand it, flash archives take a snapshot or image of the system.

I'm going to try a cd flash archive 1st(i'll be excluding a bunch of
stuff) and then a dvd boot able image will be next.

Then i'm going to do dvd bruns of the system from time to time.

Export my catalogs to another server and exclude my BMR directories.

Should a disaster happen, I'll boot the dvd and reimage my master, grab
the catalog tapes from another server and then restore my Bare Metal
restores to /export on the master.

If i can't get my catalog for some reason, then i'll merge my tapes.

Then i should be in good shape to rebuild my non netbackup network
servers.

veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu wrote on 02/19/2004 12:34:21 PM:

> Hello,
>
> What is the normal process used for disaster recovery on a Solaris
> machine?  Do you normally jumpstart the system and then replace the
> data or is there another easier or better way to get a Solaris
> machine back up and running?
>

> Thanks in advance.
>
> Dwayne Adams
--=_alternative 0068019386256E3F_=

archive a try soon.</font>
a snapshot or image of the system.</font>
1st(i'll be excluding a bunch of stuff) and then a dvd boot able image
will be next.</font>
system from time to time.</font>
and exclude my BMR directories.</font>
the dvd and reimage my master, grab the catalog tapes from another server
and then restore my Bare Metal restores to /export on the master.</font>
then i'll merge my tapes.</font>
my non netbackup network servers.</font>
02/19/2004
12:34:21 PM:<br>
&gt; Hello,</tt></font>
recovery on a Solaris <br>
&gt; machine? &nbsp;Do you normally jumpstart the system and then replace
the <br>
&gt; data or is there another easier or better way to get a Solaris <br>
&gt; machine back up and running?</tt></font>
--=_alternative 0068019386256E3F_=--