Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Slow throughput?

2004-02-19 09:11:59
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Slow throughput?
From: jking AT hnl.bcm.tmc DOT edu (Justin King)
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 08:11:59 -0600
I don't know much about Solaris; however, I was recently experiencing
roughly the same performance and have since been able to tweak NBU to 4
concurrent streams running at over 15 MB/s each.  Start with these
articles.  If possible, set the SCSI tape buffer size to 64K (in Linux,
you have to edit a file and recompile the 'st' module).

Good luck.