Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] [W2K NB4.5MP6] Drive Down problems

2004-02-19 02:27:12
Subject: [Veritas-bu] [W2K NB4.5MP6] Drive Down problems
From: rolfcolmer AT hotmail DOT com (Rolf C)
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 08:27:12 +0100
Hello all,

Since some time (about 2 weeks) we are facing problems with one of our 3 STK
9840 tape drives (Tape1). The drive goes dow all the time. Sometimes it's
possible to up the drive, sometimes the server needs a reboot because the
drive is inoperable. The drive itself is not in an error status.

The Windows 2000 eventviewer shows the following information

Removing media ID NT0493 from unmountable media list
ACS(0) driveid 0,0,7,5 (device 1) is being DOWNED, status: Robotic mount
failure
Check integrity of the drive, drive path, and media
Adding media ID NT0493 to unmountable media list
ACS(0) Unsuccessful response returned by Mount command sequence 4, ACS
status = 56, STATUS_LIBRARY_FAILURE
ACS(0) mount failure for volume NT0493 on drive (0,0,7,5), ACS status = 56,
STATUS_LIBRARY_FAILURE

As the other two drives are functional i find it hard to believe that the
Library itself is the problem. Anyone an idea? About 1.5 month ago we
migrated to NB4.5 MP6. About 2 weeks ago (since we are facing this problem)
We migrated the server to a 1 GB NIC and some (for me unknown) changes are
made to the network configuration.

MSN Zoeken, voor duidelijke zoekresultaten! http://search.msn.nl