Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] File Exclusions on a Netware target causing target not to be backed up.

2004-02-17 08:12:44
Subject: [Veritas-bu] File Exclusions on a Netware target causing target not to be backed up.
From: Barry_Doucette AT harvardpilgrim DOT org (Barry_Doucette AT harvardpilgrim DOT org)
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 08:12:44 -0500
--=_alternative 0048937F85256E3D_=

Hello;
We are backing up a mixed network of Linux, Windows2k and Netware 6 and we
are trying to utilized the exclusion function. The Linux and Windows work
as defined but the Netware does not. We are using NetBackup 4.5 FEP. It
seems whenever we configure a Netware target with an exclusion, the target
does not get backed up. If we delete the target and reconfigure it less
the exclusion, it backs up fine with a status 1 error because of the open
file we can't exclude.  We publish reports daily to all owners of the
boxes and with a status 1 on every backup, they tend to call daily to
verify what was backed up. If we could run these backups with the
exclusion and thereby, eliminate the error, life would be a lot easier.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks;
Barry Doucette
x 30973
(617) 509-0973
--=_alternative 0048937F85256E3D_=

Windows2k and Netware 6 and we are trying to utilized the exclusion function.
The Linux and Windows work as defined but the Netware does not. We are using
NetBackup 4.5 FEP. It seems whenever we configure a Netware target with an
exclusion, the target does not get backed up. If we delete the target and
reconfigure it less the exclusion, it backs up fine with a status 1 error
because of the open file we can't exclude. &nbsp;We publish reports daily to
all owners of the boxes and with a status 1 on every backup, they tend to call
daily to verify what was backed up. If we could run these backups with the
exclusion and thereby, eliminate the error, life would be a lot easier. Any
help would be appreciated. </font>
Barry Doucette<br>
x 30973<br>
(617) 509-0973</font>