Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Remote Connection to Master Server

2004-02-18 02:48:35
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Remote Connection to Master Server
From: ljelleff AT csc.com DOT au (ljelleff AT csc.com DOT au)
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 15:48:35 +0800
I have been connecting to a master server and running the jnbSA Java GUI
through a ssh connection with Xwindows software.  As you can imagine, its
way, way to slow to be of much use.

I have installed the Remote Administration tool for Netbackup Datacentre
onto my Windows 2000 PC hoping to make a faster connection.  I am unable to
connect with the Master server at all.  The entries have been made in the
bp.conf file on the master server but still its not working.  As I can't
ping the Master server from my pc, I think its the Firewall causing the
problem.

Is there a patch or something that will fix this issue as I doubt that I'd
get approval to open ports on the firewall?

Regards from
Lindsay

for such purpose.