Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Question regarding 2 full backups in one week.

2004-02-11 13:02:27
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Question regarding 2 full backups in one week.
From: ddunham AT taos DOT com (Darren Dunham)
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 10:02:27 -0800 (PST)
> I have been having trouble latly with write errors and so have not had =
> full backups on a new system. I have finally had the drive replaced and =
> all works ok.=20
> I have schedules set to run full backups on a Saturday night, but when =
> the drive was replaced yesterday ( Tuesday ) I ran a manual full backup =
> so we have a full backup of the systems.
> My concern is as the frequency for the full backup is set to 1 week and =
> the window is on the Saturday night between 10 - 10 on Sunday, as I have =
> ran a full backup already this scheduled full will not run.
>
> I cant see any settings to allow 2 jobs per week anywhere. Has any one =
> got any ideas how I can assure the full backup will happen on sat night =
> as this needs to be epoch time for the project.

Generally the suggestion would be to shrink the frequency, but keep it
larger than the backup window.  In your case, reducing the frequency to
1 day should be fine.

Then your backups will only happen once a week due to the window, but if
you do a full backup midweek, it won't prevent the Saturday one from
running.